Commercial Air Compressor
Branding and Marketing
Support for Distributors
Sollant offers various commercial air compressors to ensure your business long-term management. If you are looking for a commercial air compressor, you’ll want to choose a model that offers more power than those designed for residential use.
Important factors to consider during the commercial air compressor selection process include your specific power requirements for the types of air tools you use on a regular basis and where you will be using the compressor. Also, consider your local commercial air compressor market needs.
Develop Your Business with Sollant
Commercial Air Compressor
Sollant participated in more than 12 globally-influential exhibitions for branding, holding hundreds of design and utility patents. The factory's monthly output exceeds 1200 units, strict confidentiality support for OEM and ODM customers.
With nearly a century of experience in providing high-quality, reliable commercial air compression products and services, you can trust Sollant for expert commercial air compressor guidance.
Focusing on commercial
and accessories solutions.
Sollant has its own unique design concept and better quality assurance.
- Its system has the design advantage of small size.
- Competitive prices and easy sales for commercial air compressor.
- They are easier to maintain and repair.
- Lower noise of air compressor for air compressor equipment.
- Continuous research and development of innovative design.
- 24-month host warranty and 18-month full-machine warranty.
Commercial Air Compressor Buying Guide
A commercial air compressor is also referred to as an industrial air compressor and is mostly used in manufacturing facilities. It is meant for business establishments and not home use since most of them are powerful and have to be operated by skilled persons. You must check some specific requirements before you settle for one to ensure that it will increase efficiency in your plant. The worst mistake is buying a commercial compressor that doesn’t have enough power for your applications.
Before you decide what to buy, you must evaluate your business needs and explore all possibilities. It helps you make the best decision and find the right air compressor. Read on to know how to buy the best commercial compressor for your business.
Factors to Consider When Buying Commercial Grade Air Compressor
You buy an air compressor depending on the work you intend to do with it. Every business has its particular needs and therefore use tools with different power needs. It is possible to find a commercial air compressor at a reasonable price and one that meets your plant’s requirements. But, you have to evaluate the processes and what is needed to get the best end-product depending; some procedures need 100% pure compressed air. The factors you must consider include when making this purchase:
- Portable or stationary?
Your commercial compressor has to be either portable or stationary. Most facilities use stationary machines because they do not need to move from one place to another. However, if your industry requires a lot of movement, you should consider buying a commercial portable air compressor. The only drawback of portable machines is that they are not as powerful as the stationary ones. However, it is possible to find one that will get your work done.
If your work requires a portable air compressor, consider buying a machine that can withstand harsh surroundings and weather that can damage it. Protection is available and a must for any machine that has to be used outdoors. However, you should also check the surroundings of your indoor environment and get proper protection for your stationary compressor.
- Drive system
Where do you plan to use the air compressor? This is one factor that determines the commercial air compressor for sale you can select. You will find diesel-powered motors and electrical ones. If your facility has electricity access, you can get the electrically powered air compressor. They require little maintenance, but can only work when there is electrical power access. A diesel air compressor can be used anywhere as it doesn’t need a power connection. It is, however, not as powerful as an electrical compressor, but you can find commercial air compressor brands that fit your applications.
The CFM of a commercial air compressor is crucial because it refers to the airflow a machine is capable of providing. Various brands measure the capabilities of air compressors in different ways. But they all refer to the powerful ability of the equipment. Here are the three types of measurements commonly used.
- Displaced CFM- This is referred to as DCFM, and it means airflow is calculated using revolution per minute, stroke, and the bore. It is the highest among the three CFM measurements because it doesn’t account for variables like heat dissipation, temperature, and friction and, therefore, not applicable in everyday applications.
- Standard CFM- SCFM measures airflow according to the standard conditions. It is easiest for buyers to understand when looking for the best commercial-grade air compressor.
- Actual CFM-ACFM is calculated based on specific environmental conditions to know the pump’s output. It is the most precise method of measurement and how suitable a compressor is for your application.
The simplest way of understanding CFM is calculating the total amount of airflow power needed by your
tools add 30% more into the number you get to ensure efficiency and reliability.
PSI means pounds per square, and it measures the pressure of an air compressor. It is also written a psig meaning pound-force per square inch gauge. The psi must be the same or more than what you need for your most powerful tool. Unlike in CFM measurements, with psi, you do not need to all the tool’s measurements.
The horsepower of a commercial-grade air compressor tells how much it can do. But, it’s not the primary factor when choosing the ideal commercial air compressor. The most critical factors are psi and CFM; these two help you determine the best HP to get. Manufacturers will indicate the horsepower, which shows the output of a motor when it gets to its operating rpm. HP is relevant when choosing the air compressor to buy.
- Electrical Requirements
Before you decide the best commercial air compressor price to pay, make sure the equipment is compatible with your facility’s electrical supply. Most industrial air compressors can only work where there is a 3-phase power supply. If you are buying the machine for the first time, seek advice from an electrical technician. This will help you if the power supply is efficient enough to power your air compressor.
- Size of the tank
An air storage tank is needed to ensure you have enough supply of compressed air. A large tank requires more pressure and so your air compressor should have the ability to fill it up. In most industries, a lot of compressed air is needed and so buy a small air compressor can end up overworking. Air receiver tanks are essential for businesses and come in handy when the demand for compressed air is high.
A commercial air compressor storage tank should have at least a capacity of five gallons per cfm. A facility that doesn’t have a high demand for compressed air, a small tank will do, however, if you need consistent and reliable supply for long hours, get a big air storage tank. This also means that you must go for commercial air compressor brands with large options. The tank ensures you have enough current and future supply of compressed air.
Air tans are either vertical or horizontal. These two options are designed to fit different needs. You choose what to buy depending on your location and the space available. The upright tank is easier to manage as they occupy little space. A horizontal tank can only be used in extensive facilities with ample of space.
The commercial air compressor price is crucial as it determines what you can buy. Apart from being keen on specs, you must also try to find a machine that you can afford. You should consider not only the initial cost but also the commercial air compressor parts. They help you estimate the cost of maintaining the system.
You might find some brands with models going for high prices. But when you consider the maintenance costs, it is much cheaper and good for your business. A durable compressor comes in handy because you will spend less on servicing, repairs, and a replacement will not be needed any time soon.
Check for a commercial compressor with a high-efficiency rating. Research and know the life expectancy of most models and buy the one that sounds like an excellent investment. Reputable air compressor brands are always the best as they have proven over the years that their equipment is worth investing in.
- Method of lubrication
The method of lubrication in a commercial air compressor makes a huge difference. This equipment produces a lot of heat, which is known as an exothermic process. Oiling not only reduces friction but also helps to lower temperatures. The application of the machine determines the method of lubrication. These methods include:
- Oil lubrication– These are compressors that use oil to run. They have a component that looks like a rod and goes into an oil bath before splashing the oil onto your compressor’s bearings. These types of commercial compressors are mostly used in industries.
- Oil-free compressor– The non-oil compressor is used in industries where pure air is needed. The bearings are soaked in oil permanently and don’t require regular oiling to run smoothly. They are suitable for light industrial applications to avoid generating and commonly used in the food and pharmaceutical industries.
- Pressure lubricated– These types of air compressors use the oil for lubrication and cooling. However, the oil is not splashed lubrication; instead, it is delivered to various parts of the machine through a pump.
Tips To Choosing the Right Air Compressor for Your Industry
When you shop for the best commercial shop air compressor, you will find different types of compressors. They have equipment for construction, pharmaceuticals, energy exploration, manufacturing, and woodworking.
- Types of air compressors
An industrial air compressor must be robust, and you choose what to buy based on the intended application. The most common types include:
- Reciprocating or piston air compressor, which compresses air using mechanical pistons.
- Rotary vane compressors that use blades to compress air.
- Rotary screw compressors use screws to compress air.
- Types of tools and their use
When buying from the best commercial shop air compressor, the tools used in your plant play a significant role in the equipment selection process. The machine must have enough psi and cfm to run them smoothly. Also, get a big air receiver tank for tools that run consistently.
The location of your industry helps you decide which air compressor is most suitable for you. Industries located in remote areas can only use diesel or gasoline-powered compressors. Also, even in areas where there is an electricity connection, you may experience a power outage. So choose wisely and buy a commercial air compressor that offers flexibility. If you are in the construction industry or energy exploration, you need a compressor that can work throughout.
However, for manufacturing industries, a stationary and electrical powered compressor comes in handy. You do not need to move the equipment, and an electrically powered commercial compressor is cheap and easy to maintain.
If you are using the commercial air compressor in harsh outdoor areas, you have to choose one that can cope with such. You cannot move your industry, and tasks must be completed. The same thing happens with indoor manufacturing, some environments may contain debris, and it may affect how your compressor runs. Buy one that can cope with such surroundings and stay away from models that sound good but cannot last in your facility.
Simple Guide to Find the Right Best Commercial Compressor Brand
With several options within the market, it’s easy to get lost and lose direction towards the right commercial air compressor. Here are quick tips that you should keep in mind all the time:
- Reciprocating air compressors are most suitable for applications that low velocity, but high pressure. They are perfect for workshops and hand tools or small paint jobs.
- Rotary screw air compressors come in handy in industries where a continuous application is needed. They have high velocity, but low pressure.
- Oil-free rotary screw air compressors are ideal for procedures where oil should not be found in the end-product. They are also cost-effective since you don’t need to change any oil.
- Oil-injected rotary screw air compressors are more energy-efficient compared to the piston compressors. The best thing is that they produce large amounts and low-noise levels.
- Scroll compressors are silent and deliver compressed air smoothly. These machines do not vibrate, and they perfect for a small task that needs pure compressed air. They are used in laboratories, water treatment plants, or food processing industries.
Applications of commercial compressors
Commercial compressors are used in different ways in industries. Whether you need a portable machine or a stationary one, as long as it has the power you need, it will accomplish all tasks. Typical uses of commercial compressors for sale include:
- Medical applications
- Special gas compression for laboratories
- Processing of foods and beverages
- Gas and oil applications.
Buying a commercial compressor is not the easiest thing to do. However, if you understand power options, different applications, and compressor varieties, it will not be too hard to find the ideal machine for your facility.